In addition, Chi’s Sweet Home, Knights of Sidonia, and The Drops of God, currently already available at major digital bookstores, will also see release for the first time on the comiXology platform.
All 6 series, up to the current print volume, constituting over 50 volumes of material, will go sale on comiXology, iBooks, Kindle, Kobo, and nook on December 8. For more information visit kodanshacomics.com.
• Ajin: Demi-Human volumes 1-6. By Gamon Sakurai. The dark supernatural cult hit about a high school boy who attains immortality—and all the problems that go along with it. To be released as a Netflix anime series in 2016.
• The Flowers of Evil volumes 1-11. By Shuzo Oshimi. The acclaimed, and oddly moving, manga series about a bizarre love triangle among perfectly normal (?) high school kids seeking decadence in a small town.
• Witchcraft Works volume 1-7. By Ryu Mizunagi. The manga comedy about supernatural wars in an unusual Japanese high school and the poor guy caught in the middle, adapted into the anime series, now streaming on Crunchyroll.
• Chi’s Sweet Home volumes 1-12. The bestselling, heartwarming all-ages manga about the adventures of a mischievous, and painfully cute, stray kitten adopted by a human family.
• The Drops of God volumes 1-4 (plus “New World” volume). By Tadashi Agi and Shu Okimoto. The wine manga that changed the way people drink wine and perceive manga around the world.
• Knights of Sidonia volumes 1-14. by Tsutomu Nihei. The manga that became a hit anime on Netflix, by manga science-fiction legend Tsutomu Nihei, set in the coldest reaches of outer space.
While most of Vertical’s eBook distribution will continue to be handled through its primary distribution partner, Penguin Random House Publishing Services, the above titles, licensed by Vertical from Kodansha Ltd., are being distributed by Kodansha’s San Francisco-based digital operation, Kodansha Advanced Media.